Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Transformed - November 9, 2011

Isn't it just amazing what a trip to the hairdresser can do for you?  I love it! It's that bit of time that you make all other demands go away and you trust yourself into the hands of another. Sometimes the outcome is good and other times it's not so good. For me, it's always good because I have a fantastic hairdresser. (Mastercuts Greenbrier Mall - Donald) There, I gave him a little pitch for business but the truth is, he's already busy! 
I desperately needed his care today. You probably thought this was my natural hair color, didn't you?  Hmmm...what's that? You knew it wasn't?  Yes, who am I kidding?!?  Anyway, I had my somewhat dirty blonde faded hair color and then there in my crown was this glowing silver grey. You know, the part we women want to hide because it screams, "YOU'RE GETTING OLDER!"
So, I went in for my appointment. I truly looked forward to it because I'm so used to being in charge and taking care of others, etc. It was wonderful to sit back and let someone pamper me. Granted, I paid a bundle to have that pampering but I've worked hard and deserved to spend some on myself.  And so I did.
My favorite part is the end, when the chair gets turned around and I'm suddenly in full view in the mirror.  It's like an unveiling. I feel like I came in like a neglected dog and then I see a new me in the mirror. I bet you know where I'm going with all this. 
Yep, I thought about how Christ has done that for me. He paid a really big price to take all that's not of beauty in me and transform me into a child of His. In that transformation all that grey is no longer seen. Oh, it will come back just as my sin has a way of reappearing. The great thing is that while I have to save my money because it's going to cost me another bundle when that grey reappears, I don't have to worry about trying to pay back Christ. When Jesus died for me he paid the price for all time. It's like I've got a Jesus gift card.  I'm able to have my sin forgiven, live without others seeing or knowing it and continue on in His love.  Now that's a transformation!
If you need that kind of transformation and you're not sure that you know how to have the one Jesus offers, give me call.  I'll show you how to have that gift card you can't get from any other source.
Blessing everyone,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment