Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

There it was, broken glass everywhere. Not just the kind that breaks into big pieces but rather those thin glistening pieces that you can't pick up. I heard the crash of tumbling items across my floor this morning. I had only taken one thing off the pile of "stuff" I had slowly been forming into an "I'll get to it" mountain over the last few weeks. You wouldn't think one small item removed would cause such a crash. Slowly I picked up the mess that had been created but then just as I thought I was done, I moved one last thing and there it was. The Paddington Bear china plate, cup and bowl that had been given to me when our first son was born now lay amidst the shards of glass. What had I been thinking putting it with the stuff on that mountain?  It was far too precious an item to be mixed with that stuff! When unpacking a box, I had sat it aside to give to my grandaughter, our son's firstborn. Thankfully, the plate & cup had survived the crash but the bowl had not. The glistening slivers of glass were the remains of several Dollar Tree candle holders. Now the fine china bowl mingled with the Made in China glass. It was an odd mix yet suddenly it reminded me of Jesus.  You see it's like this.  Jesus who was everything perfect, completely without blemish willingly came to this earth to give His life for me.  Me? I'm the just the Dollar Tree type of woman.  You know, the one who can look like I'm a great value when in truth, I'm less than the real thing.  Oh, don't get me wrong.  I want to be the real thing but more often than not I struggle with that.  I had no true insignia until Christ made a way for me to be His child.  Any value in me is found in Christ alone.  Wow, I was frustrated at first by all the mess I had to clean up this morning.  Then I realized how thankful I was that Jesus Christ didn't have that attitude when He came to deliver me. Jesus ~ What a Savior!     

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this! You know I knew when we were young women you would write. The book is great; and this will be yet another way to write about things of eternal importance.

    ReplyDelete